Saturday, July 31, 2010

Photos 2







These pictures are mostly of areas I´ve been directed away from. Seriously, I´ve been stopped five times, twice by police, telling me I´m in the wrong part of town, that it´s dangerous for me to walk where I was walking. I was a bit more uncomfortable when the policemen followed me than I was just walking around. I learned that there is an increase in crime, and an increased intention to protect tourists. That would be me. Even civilians are doing their parts. The sad part for me is that those places are quiet, and I´m longing for quiet. And ... the areas have a particular kind of beauty that the safe areas of town just don´t have. I´m sure somewhere in Panama I can find quiet, beautiful, and safe. That´s the mission next week.
The picture directly above was, I think, once upon a time, a playground. There are no children now in the area.
I like the trees. You´ll probably get a few more pictures of them. Flowers, too, and some wildlife. Stay tuned. The picture below is of a building on 4 de Julio; it caught my eye because of the clothes hanging from the balcony. I´m not sure what the exhaust from the countless vehicles does for them, but I do imagine they´re dry.







2 comments:

  1. I like the pictures, they do look a little like Mexico. Try to listen to people when they try to keep you safe. :O Happy Birthday to you tomorrow my friend. I hope you enjoy church! Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following you on your journey Janet! Keep the pictures coming and please stay safe! Happy Birthday to you also!!!! Barb

    ReplyDelete