Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I thought I'd lost the blog ...

Kind of like losing my mind only way different.

I'm very aware of my trip coming up, and the time between now and then seems to be broken down by deadlines. I have papers to write, a job to apply for, camp to plan, meetings to prepare for, etc. Not unlike the rest of life. I've just finished one paper. I'll let it sit overnight and e-mail it to my professor sometime tomorrow. Then it's on to the next thing. The next deadlines are the 19th and the 22nd, and then I'm off to the Twin Cities for a training. In the evenings, I will have ample time to make more plans.

I've been in touch with the Bishops in the dioceses down there and have heard from El Salvador and Costa Rica. I've also heard from "ordained women" from those countries. I don't know if they're priests or deacons; they refer to themselves as ordained women. It could be a language thing. Spanish is a gender specific language, and there isn't feminine words for priest or deacon. I need to let folks know the actual dates I will be in their countries and try to make accommodations. I have booked a hotel room for my first night there. It has a shuttle from the hotel, so rather than trying to find and pay for a taxi in the middle of the night in search of a hostel, I have a place to sleep after a long day of travel. I'll be better prepared to make my way through the city in the daytime. My first stop will be an Anglican Church in Panama City.

I've been having a lot of thoughts about what it will be like to be gone, to come home, what I'll be doing when I'm gone. I'll share some of those a little later.

Paz ~
Janet ~

No comments:

Post a Comment