Friday, April 16, 2010
To plan or not to plan
I've decided to stop making plans. I heard a story about early missionaries needing to rely on the locals for everything, not the least of which was information, and since I'm going to Central America to learn ... Well, you get it. The earliest missionaries also took their tombstones -- not necessarily b/c the work was dangerous but b/c they were going to be there for the rest of their lives. I'm not taking my tombstone. I have been thinking about packing, though, and Jesus telling his disciples the very little to take with them. There tends to be a reason passages like that get stuck in my being and don't send me screaming into the woods. The last passage that got stuck was the catalyst for my selling a bunch-o-stuff. We'll see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment