Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ideas

I just posted the link to this blog on my Facebook page, and I'm looking forward to seeing how interactive this can be. I'm wondering if those of you reading this would consider sharing with me what you think I ought to be thinking about, given that I'm going to be away from home for three months traveling solo in a foreign country (or six). One friend has already suggested I get my will and advanced directives taken care of. Another has suggested taking the prescription for my glasses, finding out what the debit card usage rate is, and whether or not they have the same electrical current. Any other ideas?

2 comments:

  1. the electrical current issue is important, in el salvador it was the same where it existed.
    as for advanced directives, well that is updated as you board the plane, it is not a matter of which treatments you would like, but if any are available! and that is OK that is part of the exoerience. if we go to another culture, we go and accept what they have to offer, not much. but there is a gift in limitations too! in not having to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The e.c. issue is less of one; it's the same thru-out C.A. as it is in the U.S. Thanks for the perspective on the medical tx. That is right on the money. I'm going so I can experience the life (inasmuch as a foreigner is able) of those living in C.A. Their medical care is indeed part of the experience. I'll be safe and prudent ... and accept what comes. Thanks for getting that!

    ReplyDelete