Saturday, August 21, 2010

She eats!

And she drinks. This is me drinking and eating a coconut, or in Spanish, una pipa. It doesn't have much of a taste, just enough of one to help me know that a little goes a long way. It tastes like "after-tastes" taste. Yet ... when in Costa Rica ...

You have to kind hack into a coconut to get to the little brown cup-like thing in order to be able to drink the water. That's what I couldn't resist. A woman on a corner had done that and then presented the coconut cups with straws. It was just too cute! After you drink the water, you hack off a tiny scoop-like thing so you can eat the meat of the cocunut. It all just tastes kind of like a bitter / flat taste. Very curious, and obviously difficult to describe.

It does bring to mind my father's question about whether or not I was taking a machete with me. I said no, mostly because I couldn't fathom why on earth I'd need one. Now I know. And Dad? So sorry to have doubted you.

No comments:

Post a Comment